Shizuka Arakawa Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe - 2008

Go down

Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe - 2008  Empty Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe - 2008

Post by Mr007 Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:44 am

[SIZE="5"]Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe - Xbox 360/PS3 (Released 2008)[/SIZE]

Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe is a very fun game. There are many reasons why, but, I will start with the story. There are two stories, MK and DC.

The MK story begins with Shao Khan coming from a portal shown defeated limping into a graveyard where he meets with his secret ally Quan Chi. Then comes Raiden and shoots Shao Khan down with a lightning bolt. He tells him how he broke the rules of Mortal Kombat. Quan Chi try's to escape but Raiden tells Shao Khan that his ally even leave him. Shao Khan quickly gets up and hits Quan Chi with his hammer. Raiden see this distraction and shoots lightning at Shao Khan and he seems to be merging with the portal and an explosion happens. Khan is gone and that leaves Raiden and Quan Chi, Raiden then takes Quan Chi to the heavens to see his punishment from the elder gods.

The DC story begins with hearing a little narration from Superman while we see a very ravaged Metropolis. Superman holding Dark Seid very high in the air, he tells Dark Seid that the battle is over. Dark Seid says he doesn't think so and then Superman punches him all the way down to Metropolis streets making a rather big hole. Superman goes down to street level and hears Lex Luthor. They talk and Superman tells him he's going to jail for endangering the world. After a little while Lex Luthor tells Superman that Dark Seid is trying to escape from a boom tube. Dark Seid says "this isn't over" and then Superman says "yes it is", then he shoots a laser at Dark Seid and he seems to mix with the boom tube and then explodes. Superman and Lex then talk for about 10 seconds and Superman says he is going to take him to a more secure place then Strikers Island.

Now that we got the beginning of the story out of the way lets talk about game play. The game is very smooth. I didn't realize it until I played Mortal Kombat Armageddon, if you compared the games you could tell MK Vs DCU is much more smooth. There is a total of 22 characters. MK has Scorpion, Kano, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Sonya, Jax, Liu Kang, Shang Tsung, Baraka, Kitana, and, Shao Khan. The DC side is Lex Luthor, Superman, Cat Woman, Batman, Green Lantern, The Joker, Death Stroke, Dark Seid, Flash, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel. There are no fighting styles or weapons. When I first heard this it was disappointing. Then I remembered that the original games had neither also. It is like a blast to the past, only better graphics and DC Universe. The Super moves are pretty good accept a few are just unnecessary, like one of Sonya's is a bicycle kick that kicks you upward and I find it boring and unimaginative. I am really fond of the special moves. Giving Sub-Zero a move where he drops a block of ice on somebody, awesome. I really love how the game controls well. I played a few other fighting games when I thought of this, my response after? Those games are STIFF! They weren't that bad but MK Vs DCU is just so much better. There is also Close Kombat, Free Fall Kombat, and, an in game Test Your Might. The first too are luck games and it it satisfying flipping your opponent over at the last second or countering someone attack. The Test Your Might thing is just a button masher. Those 3 elements add changes who will win, that makes it really exciting when you win won or your the one inflicting a lot of damage.

I would have like to seen Konquest. I can't imagine what it would be like, running around in the DC Universe. That would have been pure awesome. The fatalities are great. People probably thought that toned down violence and gore would suck, it is actually doesn't effect the game play/enjoyment. I would love for the blood to come back next MK but it was nice to spice things up. I think Overall the game was great and I loved it.

[SIZE="4"]Score:9.5[/SIZE]

Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe - 2008  Mk_vs_dcu_joker
 Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe - 2008  Mortal-kombat-vs-dc-universe-20080625094951598_640w
 Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe - 2008  Fightingarticle_mkvsdc

Written By: MortalKombatChampion

PS: i replaced some picture (they were too big) if you want resize them and pm

looking for
Chimney Liners

Mr007

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-12-30

Back to top Go down